StumbleUpon

December 22nd, 2006 by Nicholas Reville

I just noticed that over the past couple weeks, almost 20% of the traffic to getmiro.com has come from people using StumbleUpon. That’s a lot and I’m psyched about it for (at least) three reasons:

1. StumbleUpon is all about people marking sites they like and suggesting them to each other. That means lots of people are happy with Democracy Player. That makes me happy.

2. I am a StumbleUpon user and so I’m psyched that other users are into what we’re doing. What I especially like about SU is that it has such a radically simple and elegant approach to bubbling up stuff that you’ll be interested in.

3. I have some ideas about how Democracy Player and StumbleUpon might be able to work together directly and if SU users like what we’re doing, maybe we should pursue some of those ideas…

9 Responses to “StumbleUpon”

1. Merl Avenell says:

Sounds like a powerful idea to me.

Merl

2. Kyle says:

I’ve been an SU user for a while, and I just recently noticed that they created a StumbleUpon Video section. I could see some collaborative potential there.

3. John says:

I am a stumbler and i would love to see the 2 of working 2gether i am all about easy and seamless surfing… Keep up the good work i look forward to more…

4. Glen says:

I discovered your player through StumbleUpon and love it.
    Merry Christmas and I wish you nothing but success in the New Year.

5. Srdjan says:

Democracy is a great idea. I had been thinking about something similar for some time now. I’m going to give it a thumbs up on stumble… Goold luck!

6. Tim says:

I second what Kyle said – if you could collaborate somehow with SU in their new video section, that would be awesome. I could easily envision an SUVideo plugin for Democracy, which would work similarly to the SU plugin currently available for the Firefox browser. Talk about dynamite potential!

7. Ladane says:

i think that’s a great idea, and i totally agree with Nicholas i found democracy through stumble upon, also i believe a cooperation between them would make things a lot more fun

8. Ryze says:

Excellent. Both yourselves and Stumble Upon.

I’ve been using your player for about a month – it’s fantastic – I’ve been looking for a unified player for a long while. Always preferred to only use Winamp for Audio.

Your’s is built fromm the ground up for video and that’s excellent.

Now’ I’ll be giving you a stumbleupon thumbs up!

Stay tuned for a donation and bug / suggestion list once I’ve got over the new year broke-ness ;-)

Cheers, keep up the good work.

9. Ray says:

I was the unwitting creator of a large meme last year. Most of my traffic was via Boing Boing and Stumbleupon. On a different note, who on the team is responsible for your branding and how would one contact them?