This launch brings lots of new stuff.
We have a new name (Miro) and a new logo designed by Jon Hicks (who did the Firefox logo). Our new website has been updated throughout with better, more focused, and more up to date info. Our forums are totally new and way better. The channel guide has move to miroguide.com and has a whole new look (it’s still designed to be used primarily inside the app).
And most importantly, this version of Miro is much improved.
New features in Public Preview 1 (0.9.8)
- Keyboard shortcuts on all platforms. This should allow remote controls to be configured to control Miro.
- Improved system tray functionality on Windows, including a context menu.
- Added a new ‘report a bug’ menu item.
- Adds Veoh.com as a search engine.
- Fixed behavior when maximizing on Windows (won’t cover up the taskbar).
- Smarter importing and folder watching to avoid adding audio files.
- Removed Yahoo as a search engine, since most results did not link to enclosures.
- Fixed a memory leak.
- Fixed several unicode errors.
- Fixed miscounting of new and unwatched items in folders.
- Minor UI fixes, including name changes to sidebar items and new Miro Guide logo.
- Many other small fixes.
All in all, this is the most stable and polished version yet.