The Participatory Culture Foundation is looking to hire a Director of Development to lead our fundraising efforts.
Here is the job description– please pass it along!
Participatory Culture Foundation is a non-profit organization devoted to building a free and open online media environment. We create the popular open-source desktop video player, Miro (getmiro.com), which has been downloaded more than 8 million times. We also work in an advocacy role, with projects such as the Open Video Conference held this year at NYU (openvideoconference.org).
PCF is positioned to solve issues that the for-profit market will not — we make media more open, decentralized, accessible, culturally inclusive, and community building.
We’re looking for a Director of Development to lead our development program. We need someone who can work independently, who can clearly communicate our political and social mission, who loves to meet and develop new relationships, is organized, has excellent writing skills, has experience and contacts in the foundation world, and can identify and develop new strategic approaches.
The Director of Development will be in charge of management and coordination of fundraising programs for The Participatory Culture Foundation. You will oversee major gifts and foundations, planned giving, and supporter care and retention. We are looking for a leader in the field who cares deeply about democratizing media, creating a participatory culture, and who can understand the role online media for the future of democratic societies.
We are especially interested in people who are based in New York City, but will consider excellent candidates that may work remotely.
1. Support the Executive Director with implementation of annual and multi-year development strategies and plans for all aspects of PCF’s fundraising program, including short- and long-term measurable goals.
2. Manage the development, presentation, implementation, tracking and regular reporting on the development expenditure and revenue budget.
3. Ensure the overall integration of fundraising programs both within the department and across the organization at large.
We hope to work with individuals who have the following traits:
â€¢ Ability to think both strategically and creatively.
â€¢ Excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humor and perspective, and boundless enthusiasm.
â€¢ Excellent written and oral communication skills.
â€¢ A great level of energy.
EXPERIENCE / ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Four to six years fundraising experience at senior management level in large or small non-profit, working closely with senior management and supervising diverse staff. Experience working with American (international is a plus) foundations, and must have secured foundation grants in the past. Must have experience with donor stewardship programs.
Four years experience in leadership positions in face-to-face fundraising, canvassing, direct marketing and/or major gifts and foundation programs. Experience with a wide range of fundraising techniques.
- Solid background in financial management, staff development, and program analysis.
- A clear track record in developing and achieving fundraising goals.
- Preferably professional experience working in an international context, either abroad or within the US.
TO APPLY: Send a short note about why you’re interested in working with us along with a resume to tyc[at]pculture.org.