Miro 3.5 is Released! Conversions built-in!

November 1st, 2010 by janet

We are delighted to announce the release of Miro 3.5, which adds great features and tweaks, including built-in video conversion for lots of popular devices!

Download Miro 3.5

Read the Release Notes and Miro Users Manual

12 Responses to “Miro 3.5 is Released! Conversions built-in!”

1. Matt says:

I started playing an .mkv file with the old version. But Miro told me about the update. Once the update was installed, Miro locked when trying to start playing the same file. So it looks like a bug was introduced.

2. Now that we have video conversion for Linux, will you be releasing the video converter tool for that platform?

3. will you be releasing the video converter tool for that platform?

4. ariel says:

I downloaded miro last night but when i tried to start it iget a message that the application configuration is incorrect. i’ve tried to re-indtall it several time and i keep getting the sate message, now none of my movies play. what gives?

5. Pablo says:

We are loving Miro but still no ability place parental control on access to the library. Would be a useful feature for the home computer environment.

6. mike says:

i installed new version of miro. Worked great b4 update. after update it wont start. I get application config. incorrect. whats up. how do i fix.

7. Alex says:

Hi there!

I’m loving Miro. This is my first time using it and I’m astonished by its utility.

I’ve noticed only one small issue: when you convert to either iPhone 4 or iPad formats (which appear to be identical settings, since they produce identically-sized files) the aspect ratio of the resulting video is off.

When I play these MP4 files in VLC they’re in proper 16:9 format, but on my iPhone, iPad, and in iTunes on Windows the picture is stretched out vertically to 4:3. I see no way to adjust this in iTunes.

There’s also an issue with the audio of converted files, or at least the one I’ve tested so far. It was originally a 720p MKV of a TV show, presumably with AC3 audio. The converted file (which I viewed on my iPhone, stretched picture and all) had intermittent moments of amplified audio, always very brief and not terrible, but it was as if someone were blowing into the microphone.

Otherwise, great software. I hope this is useful and that a fix is forthcoming; when I can use Miro to convert my downloads for my iPhone, life will be perfect :)

- Alex

8. Gunnar Blodgett says:

Gosh, access to trailers and clips! How iTunes! Is this Web TV? It’s got a long way to go, baby!

9. Steve says:

Installing Miro 3.5 has been a disaster as I keep getting an “application configuration is incorrect” error message when I try to run it. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled Miro about 7 times and each time I get the same error message. I guess all my video downloads using the previous Miro version have been lost :(