Miro 6 Released

April 16th, 2013 by janet

We are very proud to announce the release of Miro 6.0, which has some dramatic performance improvements.  You should update today!

The new Miro 6 is all about one thing: speed!  We’ve just released it and it contains big speed improvements for launching Miro, navigating, downloading, etc.

We have finally got flash support for our community of linux users, and have some other good tweaks and fixes as well.

See for yourself!  Download Miro 6 Now

16 Responses to “Miro 6 Released”

1. Dan says:

Downloaded it and ran it for the first time. CPU went up to 100% and the app locked until I quit it after 10 minutes (I’d opted to import iTunes music).

I then force-quit it, restarted again and started to play a mp3. Music paused every 10 seconds, again high CPU. OSX 10.8.3 on a mid 2007 iMac.

• janet says:

Hi Dan,

The initial data import / metadata extraction can initially use a lot of CPU – and I can see that it could be more challanging on an older machine.

If you give it a chance to finish the import and data extraction – then you should have a good playback experience.

If you continue to have issues, please file a bug at bugzilla.pculture.org – or post on the support forum here: http://support.getmiro.com/support/discussions

2. Travis says:

Hi guys. I love Miro and use it every day. Please release Miro 6.0 for Ubuntu soon! Version 5.x is bugging out a little, and I can’t wait to use 6.0! Thanks :)

• janet says:

We have ppa out for ubuntu – get to the link from here: http://www.getmiro.com/download/for-ubuntu/

I just need to update the website version number. Will do that now.

Thanks.

• Travis says:

Thanks Janet! I re-added the PPA just in case, and although I see 6.0 in Lauchpad and on Miro’s website, Update Manager does not see any new packages (Ubuntu 12.04). Should I just give it a moment, or should it already be there? Thanks so much :)

• Albert says:

Your PPA on launchpad failed to build.

• Travis says:

What does that mean? How can I fix it?

• Travis says:

Also, I’m having the same problem on 2 different computers.

• Frank says:

Same story with me. I added launchpad, it is on the list of repositories.
            But after update, Miro 5.0.4 is shown as last version…

Otherwise, Miro is great software, I believe that a new version will bring some new god stuff.

All the best,
            Frank

• janet says:

Checking this out – will let you know when it’s sorted.

3. Evgene says:

Hi, Ubuntu 12.10 using PPA installs version 5.04. Please fix it.
    Thank you!

4. to save says:

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a applicable deal. I have been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear idea

5. Piyush says:

Does it still uses gstreamer0.10 or gstreamer 1.0?

6. Marcelo says:

Miro 6 can’t be installed from PPA in Ubuntu 13.04

W: Imposible obtener http://ppa.launchpad.net/pcf/miro-releases/ubuntu/dists/raring/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found

W: Imposible obtener http://ppa.launchpad.net/pcf/miro-releases/ubuntu/dists/raring/main/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found

7. Great post, I conceive blog owners should acquire a lot from this web site its very user friendly. So much superb info on here .

8. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in truth was once a entertainment account it. Glance advanced to far introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?